Persian Style Grilled Beef Steak Stripskabob soltani
Mouth watering delicious beef steak strips.
Marinated in yogurt blended with onion and lemon juice.
Placed on stainless steel skewers and grilled over a charcoal grill or broiled in the oven on medium heat. Continously basted with saffron butter mixture.
Served with steamed rice and grilled tomatoes on the side.
For best results use wider than usual metal skewers. Cook beef strips over charcoal fire. Heat coals until ash gray.
Kabob means 'barbecue' and Soltani means 'royal' in the Persian language or Farsi (Arabic pronunciation of Parsi).
- Beef or lamb - 2 lbs cut into wide strips
- Meat tenderizer
- Onion juice - 1 medium grated squeezed
- Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- Pepper - 1/4 teaspoon
- Turmeric - 1 teaspoon
- Saffron - 1 tablespoon
- Yogurt - 3 tablespoons
- Butter - 2 tablespoons
- Lemon juice - 1 tablespoon
- Cut beef into wide and long strips, sprinkle with tenderizer and pound with meat hammer a few times.
- Grate onion and squeeze the juice into a bowl.
- Take just the onion juice, add yogurt, lemon juice and seasonings and mix. Add meat strips and marinate at room temperature for a few hours or leave overnight in the refrigerator.
- Dissolve saffron in a bowl with a bit of warm warm, then blend in melted butter.
- Preheat oven broiler on high heat.
- Place strips of chicken on skewers, suspend skewers across a roasting pan deep enough to catch juices and place in the oven turned down to medium heat.
- Or light charcoal fire, let coals burn until they are ash white before placing skewered beef on grill.
- Turn skewers over a few times, each time baste the meat with saffron butter mixture.
- Remove skewers from grill, place in between warm flat bread, press down and remove the skewers.
- Cooking time will vary depending on thickness of strips.
- Serve along with one strip of kabob kubideh, grilled tomatoes and yogurt with plain steamed rice.
|Please help promote this page on the internet!|
Taken from the comments section at Amazon
"These stainless steel jems are simply the best........ The quality and workmanship is excellent. Unlike water soaked bamboo skewers that will burn up, you can cook your kabobs on very hot fires and get that crusty exterior that makes em taste great. These skewers are flat and can be turned with tongs or even pliers. The meat and veggies will not spin. They are dish washer safe."
Steven Raichlen Best of Barbecue Signature Stainless Steel Grilling Kabob Skewers, Set of 2 (17 x .98-Inch Wide) Garden, Lawn, Supply, Maintenance
support this website - visit Mystic Persia boutique