Tomatoe Beef Rice
Seriously this is such an easy dish to prepare and sure to suite most people's taste.Tasty and spice beef with tomatoes green beans and a sprinkle of raisins bring together the tangy tomatoes and spicy beef. Some people add potatoes, as well.
Tomatoes are a rich source of several nutrients. They are well known for their high vitamin C content, but also contain significant amount of vitamin A, B vitamins including niacin and riboflavin, magnesium, phosphorous and calcium. Tomatoes are also a good source of chromium, folate and fiber.
Polo mean 'steamed rice' in the Persian language or Farsi (Arabic pronunciation of Parsi).
- Ground-beef - 1 lbs (lean)
- Green beens - 2 cup (bite sized portions)
- Onions - 2 small
- Tomatoes - 5 small
- Raisins - 1 cup
- Salt - 1 teaspoon
- Pepper - 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric - 1 teaspoon
- Lemon juice - 3 tablespoons
- Butter - 4 tablespoons
- Rinse rice in warm water several times to remove excess starch.
- Fill large pot with water (two to three times the amount of rice), add salt, add 1 teaspoon of oil, add rice, and bring to a boil.
- Stir occasionally to prevent kernels from sticking together. Cook until rice is no longer crunchy but still firm.
- Drain rice in a colander, then rinse with cold water and set aside
Boil Beans and Sauté Beef:
- Boil green beans for 10 minutes until tender but still firm, drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in a frying pan and sauté onion and garlic.
- Add ground-beef and cook for 15 minutes until brown.
- Add tomatoes, turmeric, lemon juice and raisins to mixture, cover pan with a lid, let simmer for 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Thoroughly mix together the rice, green beans and meat in a bowl.
Steam Rice and Beef:
- Melt remaining butter in a large pot, sprinkle rice mixture into pot using a large spoon. Form a mound shape by avoiding the sides of the pot.
- Use the handle of the spoon to perforate the mound all the way to the bottom of the pot, in several places.
- Before covering the pot, wrap a clean dry towel around the lid which will absorb excess moisture to prevent the rice from becoming soggy.
- Cook rice for on low heat for 25 minutes before serving.
- Serve with pickled vegetables on the side.
|Please help promote this page on the internet!|
Taken from the comments section at Amazon
"This is a prefect size pot for our family, and is getting significant use. We eat a lot of soups and stews. Something we really appreciate are the insulated handles that allow you to pick up the pot, while hot, without using oven pads or mitts. A terrific kitchen tool at a very good proce. We plan on extending our purchases of Calphalon cookware. "
Simply Calphalon Nonstick 7-qt. Dutch Oven & Cover
support this website - visit Mystic Persia boutique