Cucumber yogurt dip ~ Iranian style
Iranians eat yogurt in some form or fashion at almost every meal. This particular recipe goes well alongside any dish containing rice.
Avoid 'stirred' brands of yogurt, they may contain a lot of starch type additives. I recommend, Balkan style yogurt which has a thick, creamy consistency.
- Yogurt - 1 container (750ml)
- Cucumber - 1 (grated)
- Green onions - 2 (chopped)
- Dillweed - 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice - 1 teaspoon
- Tarragon - 1 teaspoon
- Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- Pepper - 1/4 teaspoon
- Grate onions and cucumbers separately.
- Place grated vegetables in a bowl along with seasonings and mix thoroughly.
- Transfer contents to a serving bowl and place in the fridge for one hour.
- Serve as side dish or as a dip accompanied by warm Nun barbari or Nun sangak.
Learn about Saffron spice
Spice made from the stigmas of saffron flower may well be the most amazing seasoning on the market.
Saffron adds rich flavour and exotic colour to your foods. High grade saffron stigmas contain potent amounts of nutrients necessary for good vision, healthy skin and a robust sexual appetite.
Click Here to learn more about Saffron plant and spice.