Beef Potato patties ~ Iranian style
Kohlet Gusht-oh Sibzamani
Easy and tasty dish made with groundbeef and boiled potatoe formed into bite sized patties fried in a shallow pan.
Usually served wrapped in flat bread filled with leafy vegetables like mint, chives, green onions, cucumbers, tomatoes and pickles.
- Ground-beef - 2 lbs ground-beef
- Potatoes - 3 potatoes (boiled and grated)
- Eggs - 2 eggs
- Green onions - 5 stalks (chopped)
- Garlic - 2 cloves (chopped)
- Flour - 2 tablespoon
- Turmeric - 1 tablespoon
- Tarragon - 1 teaspoon
- Salt - 1 tablespoon
- Pepper - 1 teaspoon
- Cooking oil - 3 tablespoons
- Boil, peel and grate potatoes (boiled but not mushy).
- Place ground-beef in a large bowl, add potatoes, eggs and spices.
- Mix everything together thoroughly. Use your hands to kneed mixture as you would a lump of dough.
- Shape ground-beef into flat oval shaped patties, no bigger than your palm and no thicker than 2 inches.
- Heat oil in frying pan over medium heat, place patties in pan and fry each side of until thoroughly cooked.
- Patties should have a dark golden brown colour, crispy on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside.
- Place a clean cloth or napkin on a plate, then place cooked patties on top to sop up excess oil.
- Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Serve as a side dish along with rice or with any kind of bread and feta-cheese.
- Enjoy, this is best picnic food ever!
Learn about Saffron spice
Spice made from the stigmas of saffron flower may well be the most amazing seasoning on the market.
Saffron adds rich flavour and exotic colour to your foods. High grade saffron stigmas contain potent amounts of nutrients necessary for good vision, healthy skin and a robust sexual appetite.
Click Here to learn more about Saffron plant and spice.