Iranian style chicken salad recipe
Salade Olovieh / Olivieh
This is my all time favorite chicken salad. However, is it fair to call it chichen salad, when it also includes potatoes, eggs, carrots...should I go on?
Be aware, this salad is like money, it disappears quickly. Great for parties, great for lunches or for when you need something to snack on.
Named after the Belgian chef Lucien Olivier who invented it.
- Chicken meat - 1 1/2 lbs (boiled and cubed)
- Potatoes - 6 large (boiled and chopped)
- Eggs - 3 hard boiled
- Green peas - 1 cup
- Carrot - 1
- Lettuce - 3 leaves
- Tomato - 1 small
- Cucumber - 1 small
- Dill pickles - 4 small
- Olives - 6 medium (black or green)
- Onion - 1 small
- Garlic - 3 cloves
- Dillweed - 1/4 cup
- Parsley - 1/3 cup
- Salt - 1 tablespoon
- Pepper - 1/2 teaspoon
- Mayonnaise - 2 cups
- Dijon mustard - 2 tablespoons
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- Lemon juice - 2 teaspoons
- Butter - 1/2 cup
- Yogurt - 1/2 cup
- Boil chicken and chop into bite sized pieces.
- Boil potatoes, remove skin, then mash in a bowl along with milk and butter.
- Boil peas and carrots until soft, chop carrots into thin slices, before adding both to mixture.
- Boil three eggs, chop two of them into thin slices and add to mixture.
- Chopped onions, garlic, parsley, dill-weed, dill pickles and olives before adding to mixture.
- Add mayonnaise, mustard, yogurt, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Mix everything thoroughly, add extra mayonnaise as needed.
- Slice remaining egg, along with cucumber and tomato into thin slices.
- Decoratively arrange on top, chill in cooler for 1 hour.
- Serve with Nun Barbari or Nun taftoon.
|Please help promote this page on the internet!|
Taken from the comments section at Amazon
"Exactly what I was looking for, and as it was described. Arrived when it was expected, and packaged well. yes, I would recommend it highly. "
HIC Porcelain Turkey Platter 17.5-inch
support this website - visit Mystic Persia boutique