Egg Drop Mint Soup
Sauted onions blended with mint and brought to simmer over low heat. Eggs are added one by one into the mixture and cooked for a few mintunes before serving.
Iranian cuisine features a lot of recipes with mint leaves, dried or fresh.
When included in the diet on a regular basis, mint reduces the growth of bacteria and fungus in the body. Antifungal properties associated with mint help in curing asthma and other allergic conditions. Crushed mint leaves also helps whiten teeth.
- Eggs - 4 large
- Mint - 1/4 cup (dried)
- Onions - 3 medium
- Turmeric - 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt - 2 teaspoons
- Pepper - 1/2 teaspoon
- Butter - 1/2 cup
- Water - 4 cups
- Melt butter in frying pan and sautee onions.
- Add water and seasonings and stir.
- Bring water to boil, then reduce heat to low and let simmer for a few minutes.
- Break eggs and gently drop whole eggs into mixture.
- Stir mixture thoroughly around until egg yolks have blended completely.
- Simmer on low heat for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve with hot bread and some yogurt on the side.
Learn about Saffron spice
Spice made from the stigmas of saffron flower may well be the most amazing seasoning on the market.
Saffron adds rich flavour and exotic colour to your foods. High grade saffron stigmas contain potent amounts of nutrients necessary for good vision, healthy skin and a robust sexual appetite.
Click Here to learn more about Saffron plant and spice.